Location: Road based Auckland / North Island focused
Reporting to: Head of Sales APAC
We’re on the hunt for a talented Sales & brand Ambassador who is ambitious and hungry to learn. At Minor Figures we are a small team but are growing quickly; we currently have a team of 60 enthusiastic coffee lovers globally 12 of which are in Australia. You will be our first hire in the NZ market so self be ready to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into multiple parts of the business.
About Minor Figures:
Founded in 2014, Minor Figures is Europe’s leading cold brew coffee brewery. Its core markets are Australia, the UK and US. The Australian office is responsible for sales in Asia Pacific and currently sells in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Japan, Philippines and Malaysia. Minor Figures re-branded and launched a new range in 2018. The range includes nitro cold brew coffee cans, barista oat milk, liquid chai and retail coffee beans.
Within Australia we have a fun and close-nit team culture where everyone’s opinions play an integral part of the business. With 12 of us in the office and 6 in the team at Coffee Partners, one of our partners on the ground.
This year we have launched two new products and have lots of exciting things in the pipeline. With this the team is growing and we are stepping up our game looking for talented new joiners to help us lead the way in the market in a creative and innovative way.
The right candidate:
The candidate will be an enthusiastic, high energy individual who is ready to hit the ground running. They have a “can-do” attitude, with a strong desire to expand their horizons. Self-confidence and the ability to work on their own is critical.
They should understand the value of money (especially in a small business environment) and will be motivated by success. They should be able to demonstrate the ability to build, track and deliver strategic sales targets.
Excellent organisational skills and the ability to communicate with both junior and senior level contacts are essential. They are comfortable being stretched and would welcome the opportunity to take on the diverse challenges that come from a growing business.
The candidate will be highly connected with the New Zealand coffee scene.
- Drive sales in New Zealand, helping to launch our products into cafes and roasters.
- Develop best in class relationships with buyers (new and existing) ensuring we are giving them all the love and attention they need.
- Build relationships with Coffee Partners (our distributor on the ground) and their sales teams so we can collaboratively work alongside each other.
- Account management - work with existing accounts to ensure they get all of the love and support that they need.
- Visiting existing Coffee Shop customers to build strong relationships with baristas and share important information about our products.
- Have an eye for opportunities that will help grow our brand presence – local events, trade shows and marketing opportunities that arise.
- Help on-board new accounts and grow these in the most effective way. We want to see creative thinking and fresh ideas.
- Liaise with Coffee Partners to arrange fulfilment of sales
- Reporting – track and report on monthly distribution / sales performance
- Be the eyes and ears on the ground; Identify market trends and opportunities and develop action plans for MF to stay ahead of the market.
- Embody and positively promote Minor Figures mission, values and brand messages.
What You'll Get:
You'll join a young and dynamic start-up company where you'll truly be able to make your mark.