Location: Prahran, Melbourne
About Minor Figures:
Founded in 2014, Minor Figures has matured to point where it has a killer range of products, a strong identity, a passionate and talented team, an innovative NPD pipe and multi channel global distribution. We now have the opportunity to scale-up and become a company touching millions, perhaps billion of lives. We’re continuing to learn, grow, and extend our product range, with a focus on innovation and sustainability.
The Australian office is responsible for sales in Asia Pacific and currently sells in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Malaysia & China. Our range includes nitro cold brew coffee cans, barista oat milk, liquid chai and retail coffee beans. Within Australia we have a fun and close-knit team culture where everyone’s opinions play an integral part of the business. You will play a key role in the day to day running of the business and have exposure to all aspects of how a company is run.
This year we have launched three new products and have lots of exciting things in the pipeline. We are looking for talented new joiners to help us lead the way in the market in a creative and innovative way.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and managing Marketing and Communications in Australia and our APAC export markets. This role is responsible for driving sales through brand awareness, brand love and engagement, consumer loyalty, brand experience, key partnerships, insight and analysis. You will have worked in a dynamic, fast growth brand (preferably targeting the youth market) or at an exceptionally creative agency.
The ideal candidate will have a strong business mindset, creativity in spades and will be able to see the “big picture” in a variety of settings. Their ultimate goal is to maximize Minor Figures’ unique position in the market with phenomenally creative ideas (that ‘blow peoples’ hair back’) and solid execution that drives demand for our products, whilst maintaining the brand’s human factor.
- Contribute to the development and leadership of the APAC business as a member of the Management Team, helping to shape and implement the business strategy.
- Manage, develop and mentor direct reports, inspiring and coaching for performance.
- Contribute positively to company culture.
Strategy and Planning
- Develop the Minor Figures brand, marketing and communications strategy to support the overall business strategy, creating the most exciting F&B brand in APAC and supporting the achievement our sales objectives.
- Constantly reappraise our marketing tools to ensure we stay relevant and have a competitive advantage.
- Track and evaluate marketing activity against agreed targets, including impact, conversions and sales.
- Effectively manage the APAC Marketing plan, activity calendar and budget.
- Deliver the marketing strategy including, but not limited to, running key campaigns, experiential marketing, trade shows, digital marketing, sampling teams, merchandise plans, brand collaborations and PR targeted at our core customer.
- Develop, design and project manage Minor Figures’ experiential events and trade shows.
- Develop high impact media strategy and creative that builds awareness and love of our brand amongst the target market
- Develop and nurture key partnerships with like-minded organisations to promote the Minor Figures brand, enhancing the brand experience and engaging new consumers in innovative ways.
- Act as Minor Figures brand guardian, ensuring the brand and tone of voice is protected consistently applied, undiluted and untainted. Represent Minor Figures where appropriate as a spokesperson and ambassador.
E-commerce and Online marketing
- Plan and execute Minor Figures online presence in Australia, including social media and e-comms to build brand awareness and love of the MF brand
- Work with the E-commerce Manager to aggressively grow sales within the e-commerce channel
- Create theatre in store with impactful instore marketing displays and materials that grab shoppers attention and drive demand.
- Work closely with the sales team on product launches, developing and executing impactful and exciting launch campaigns.
Insights and analysis
- Track and analyse consumer and category data, spotting trends to guide strategy. Use insights to shape marketing strategy.
- Work closely with the Sales Team, providing category management data and insight. Provide materials and analysis to support the Sales Team, attending meetings with key customers where appropriate.
Working with team and partners abroad
- Provide marketing support for overseas distributors.
- Maintain regular communication with our Teams in London and LA, to ensure consistency in positioning of the brand in APAC. Work with London based creative team to develop marketing ideas and materials.
- Experience working with a high-growth, dynamic brand or exceptionally creative agency.
- Progressive - always looking to improve and excel. Applying consistency and detailed execution, as well as innovative techniques and brand-building routes to market. Results driven.
- Collaborative - developing and nurturing key internal and external partnerships to engage consumers in creative ways.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Adaptable - able to see the big picture but with a pragmatic and flexible approach to delivery (small business practicality).
- Passionate about innovation, sustainability and the Minor Figures brand.
- Confident and persuasive when presenting.
- Intelligent – able to blend creativity and magic with data and insights for powerful results, acting upon multiple sources of data to shape strategy.
- Curious - always asking questions, to better understand and engage our consumers.