We’re on the hunt for a talented Sales Manager who is ambitious and hungry to learn. At Minor Figures we are a small team but are growing quickly; we currently have a team of 17 enthusiastic entrepreneurs in the UK, 6 in Australia and a lone wolf in LA.
About Minor Figures:
Founded in 2014, Minor Figures is Europe’s leading cold brew coffee brewery. Its core markets are the UK and Australia. The Australian office is responsible for sales in Asia Pacific and currently sells in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Malaysia & China. Minor Figures re-branded and launched a new range in 2018. The range includes nitro cold brew coffee cans, barista oat milk, liquid chai and retail coffee beans. The new range from both brand and sales perspective is exploding and we are building build a team across both the UK and Australia to help achieve our ambitious sales goals.
Within Australia we have a fun and close-nit team culture where everyone’s opinions play an integral part of the business. With only 5 of us in the office you will play a key role in the day to day running’s of the business and have exposure to all aspects of how an FMCG company is run.
This year we have launched two new products and have lots of exciting things in the pipeline. With this the team is growing and we are stepping up our game looking for talented new joiners to help us lead the way in the market in a creative and innovative way.
The right candidate:
The candidate will be an enthusiastic, high energy individual with a keen appetite to learn. They have a “can-do” attitude, with a strong desire to expand their horizons. Self-confidence and the ability to work from their own initiative is desirable.
They should understand the value of money (especially in a small business environment) and will be motivated by success. They should be able to demonstrable ability to build, track and deliver strategic sales targets. Excellent organisational skills and the ability to communicate with both junior and senior level contacts are essential. They are comfortable being stretched and would welcome the opportunity to take on the diverse challenges that come from a growing business. The individual should be able to demonstrate a clear potential for growth in our organisation with the ability to take on a more senior function as the sales team develops.
What we’re looking for:
- A highly energetic individual with a joy for selling, negotiating and keeping our customers happy.
- Experienced in working with retailers / wholesalers and will have had account level responsibility. Full P&L responsibility is not required but they should have the desire to learn and understand this quickly.
- They will be able to show examples where they have personally driven sales growth and delivered strong results.
- Having an understanding of the Australian retail market is beneficial but not essential. Being hungry to learn and a quick learner is more important.
- Is eager progress and grow with the business.
- They should be able to prepare for and lead high-level face to face meetings.
- Holds Australian drivers licence.
- Support and drive sales in Australia, helping to launch our products into independent retailers, B&I, travel and convenience. We are still establishing ourselves in the Australian market and there is a lot to win and go after.
- Your role will be varied; some days you may be out on the road visiting independent retail stores, and others in Woolworths or Coles HQ supporting the wider team. No two days are the same at MF.
- Develop best in class relationships with buyers and store managers (new and existing) ensuring we are giving them all the love and attention they need.
- Build relationships with our distributors sales teams so we can collaboratively work alongside each other.
- Work with existing accounts to ensure correct on shelf positioning and alleviate any compliancy problems.
- Help bring the brand to life by ensuring all accounts have the correct in store marketing, including point of sale, creative displays and brand collaborations.
- Help on-board new accounts and grow these in the most effective way. We want to see creative thinking and fresh ideas.
- Be the eyes and ears on the ground; Identify market trends and opportunities and develop action plans for MF to stay ahead of the market.
- Supports on any sales admin for larger accounts including new line forms, promotional submissions and distribution challenges
- You should be able to forecast for your accounts to ensure continuity of supply.
- Embody and positively promote Minor Figures mission, values and brand messages.
What You'll Get:
You'll join a young and dynamic company where you'll truly be able to make your mark. We'll give you all the training you need, the chance to get fully stuck in in shaping the company’s growth strategy and the opportunity to step up and lead on your ideas.